Gutenberg 4.0 Compatibility
Continued improvements to the ever-changing Gutenberg plugin editor experience. As Gutenberg inches towards a final merge proposal in to WordPress core, theme integration/extendability is finally beginning to stabilize. The latest changes to BigBox ensure performant admin editor styles and continued tweaks to conform to the recommended theme support.
WooCommerce 3.5 Compatibility
WooCommerce 3.5 has been one of the more drawn out release cycles for the plugin, which I think is great. A release candidate was released late last month and an official release should be just a few days away. BigBox’s template overrides have been brought up to date with WooCommerce’s latest template file changes, including more flexible support for notice output throughout themes.
Updated WooCommerce Product Vendors Integration
All core WooCommerce plugins automatically integrate with BigBox at the basic level. However, BigBox 1.14.0 introduces extended support for the Product Vendors plugin for WooCommerce. The plugin allows multiple vendors to register to your eCommerce store and sell their own products, earning a commission on each sale.
WordPress PHP Coding Standards 1.1
BigBox automatically checks its codebase against the accepted WordPress PHP coding standards. A recent update to the guidelines introduced updated requirements and BigBox has been updated to match the new standards. The most significant change is ensuring no local variables have the potential to accidentally override a reserved WordPress global variable.
[1.15.2] – 2018-10-12
- WooCommerce 3.5 compatibility.
[1.15.1] – 2018-10-12
- Undefined PHP variables.
- Better UI feedback when checking and unchecking inputs in FacetWP.
[1.15.0] – 2018-10-12
- Gutenberg 3.9+ compatibility.
- Continued codebase improvements.
[1.14.0] – 2018-08-25
- WooCommerce Product Vendors support: https://woocommerce.com/products/product-vendors/
- Improved Gutenberg 3.5+ button support.
- Improved horizontal navigation user experience.
- Option to hide inventory counts in the product catalog.
- WooCommerce 3.5 template compatibility.